SCY311 : Agrokipia Village

Grid reference: 514200/3878200
Cadastral plan: XXIX/54

Agrokipia is known from historical records from as early as the 13th century, when it belonged to the Knights Templars. Its older church of Panayia Chrysopantanissa was restored in 1866, but clearly dates back long before then; there are ancient architectural fragments in the churchyard, as well as a large quantity of ancient slag (SCY131).