SCY025 : Agrokipia Kokkinous

Medieval pottery scatter

Grid reference: 514500/3877400
Cadastral plan: XXIX/55
Survey units: 1054, 1055, 1057
SIA: None

This scatter of Medieval pottery lies 500 m south of Agrokipia, which in the late 15th century was recorded as a fief of the Grand Commandery. The three survey units all produced a significant amount of Medieval material, though not enough for it to be the location of a settlement. Unit 1054 was particularly interesting, with Medieval coarse and sgraffito wares, and an imported green sgraffito ring foot from the 12th-14th century AD.